Dual US/UK national Linux & Network Engineer providing enterprise solutions since 2001. Before becoming an IT contractor, I served as an NYPD Transit Bureau Task Force Police Officer & Sgt. in US Army Special Forces. I'm UK based, but accept international engagements, one of which was as an Network & Infrastructure engineer in Northern Nigeria for the Polio Program.
Opensource Projects I've Developed & Maintain:
-"postfix-autoBlacklisting": Auto-prepends IPs of spammers found in
/etc/postfix/access. Runs as a SystemD service from a SystemD timer.
- "pi-ap": Automates config of a Pi 3B+/4 into a WiFi AP with almost zero user input.
- "open-ipcamera": Automates config of a RPi into a streaming & motion detection camera w/ Dropbox cloud storage
- Raspberry Pi 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.3k 1.3k 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 858 858 77 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 515 515 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 53 What is the difference between venv, pyvenv, pyenv, virtualenv, virtualenvwrapper, pipenv, etc?
- 27 Why is it better to use "#!/usr/bin/env NAME" instead of "#!/path/to/NAME" as my shebang?
- 13 Spotlight is slow in Catalina
- 11 Choosing a Pi4 power supply
- 11 Power a MacBook Off-Grid
- 9 New alert keeps showing up: Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE-2018-0001
- 9 Set Firefox as default browser to open links in Gmail
- View more network posts →