Important: StackExchange Inc. has been exhibiting inappropriate conduct, in my opinion. For shame! Please visit if that troubles you.
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Computing, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I've post-doc'ed at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
Member for 1 year, 6 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jul 14 '18 at 20:25
- Stack Overflow 63.8k 63.8k 3131 gold badges167167 silver badges333333 bronze badges
- Academia 30.5k 30.5k 22 gold badges5050 silver badges160160 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.5k 9.5k 66 gold badges4040 silver badges9292 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.7k 6.7k 33 gold badges3131 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Super User 4.9k 4.9k 1010 gold badges3737 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 606 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 603 Update: an agreement with Monica Cellio
- 468 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 286 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 232 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 227 Why is SE removing links and community ads about a legal fund campaign?
- 208 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- View more network posts →