I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
63 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Raspberry Pi 37.4k 37.4k 1515 gold badges6161 silver badges130130 bronze badges
- Ask Different 5.9k 5.9k 1414 gold badges4141 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 938 938 33 gold badges1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 260 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 222 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 118 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 83 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 69 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 68 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 65 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 (or later model)
- View more network posts →