I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 6 years, 6 months
64 profile views
Last seen Jan 15 at 9:10
- Raspberry Pi 38.3k 38.3k 1919 gold badges6868 silver badges138138 bronze badges
- Ask Different 6k 6k 1414 gold badges4444 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 968 968 33 gold badges1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 271 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 233 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 121 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 82 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 74 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 69 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 65 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 (or later model)
- View more network posts →