I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 5 years, 6 months
52 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 at 5:53
Top Network Posts
- 220 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 159 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 96 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 72 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 58 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW
- 55 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 43 Mount Ext4 on El Capitan
- View more network posts →