I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 5 years, 8 months
53 profile views
Last seen Mar 8 at 6:40
Top Network Posts
- 230 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 176 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address?
- 98 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 76 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 60 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 , Pi3B+, PiZeroW
- 58 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 44 Mount Ext4 on El Capitan
- View more network posts →