I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 7 years, 5 months
70 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- Raspberry Pi 46.5k 46.5k 2020 gold badges7676 silver badges152152 bronze badges
- Ask Different 6.7k 6.7k 1515 gold badges4848 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.1k 1.1k 44 gold badges1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 312 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 272 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 143 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 94 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 89 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 76 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 67 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 (or later model)
- View more network posts →