Project Manager and lead developer for a point of sale application owned by Georgia Southern University written in C and C++ for the Windows operating system and licensed to NCR Corporation and other resellers.
Using software technologies such as COM objects/controls, SQL Server and SQLite, with both TCP and UDP networking protocols transporting both binary proprietary and XML messages in a multi-threaded application, maintain and improve a point of sale application.
The point of sale application supports multiple languages for the user interface which can be modified using a screen layout application for screen design. In addition the application provides a macro facility and hundreds of parameters governing taxing, tenders, etc. providing flexibility for a wide variety of point of sale applications.
Previous to this position, I worked for Nortel Networks as a software developer (C and Unix as well as C++ and Windows) and as a program manager.
- Stack Overflow 11k 11k 22 gold badges4646 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Internet of Things 571 571 11 gold badge22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Computer Science 457 457 11 gold badge44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 297 297 11 gold badge44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 295 295 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 50 Pass struct by reference in C
- 42 Non-static variable cannot be referenced from a static context
- 38 What is Domain Driven Design?
- 24 Why does malloc not work sometimes?
- 19 MFC development in vs2017
- 16 TCP\IP client - EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)
- 14 What is Proxy Class in C++
- View more network posts →