Project Manager and lead developer for a point of sale application owned by Georgia Southern University written in C and C++ for the Windows operating system and licensed to NCR Corporation and other resellers.
Using software technologies such as COM objects/controls, SQL Server and SQLite, with both TCP and UDP networking protocols transporting both binary proprietary and XML messages in a multi-threaded application, maintain and improve a point of sale application.
The point of sale application supports multiple languages for the user interface which can be modified using a screen layout application for screen design. In addition the application provides a macro facility and hundreds of parameters governing taxing, tenders, etc. providing flexibility for a wide variety of point of sale applications.
Previous to this position, I worked for Nortel Networks as a software developer (C and Unix as well as C++ and Windows) and as a program manager.
- Stack Overflow 12.1k 12.1k 33 gold badges4949 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Internet of Things 581 581 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Computer Science 477 477 11 gold badge44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi 322 322 11 gold badge44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 295 295 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 51 Pass struct by reference in C
- 47 Non-static variable cannot be referenced from a static context
- 38 What is Domain Driven Design?
- 27 Why does malloc not work sometimes?
- 20 MFC development in vs2017
- 16 What is the difference between - 1) Preprocessor,linker, 2)Header file,library? Is my understanding correct?
- 16 TCP\IP client - EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)
- View more network posts →