Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 6 years, 7 months
141 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- Unix & Linux 65.5k 65.5k 1818 gold badges165165 silver badges218218 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 46.1k 46.1k 1111 gold badges6767 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 9.2k 9.2k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 707 707 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 167 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 151 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 119 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 111 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 92 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 88 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 84 Can a Raspberry Pi be used to create a backup of itself?
- View more network posts →