Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 7 years, 5 months
158 profile views
Last seen Jun 11 at 14:27
- Unix & Linux 73.3k 73.3k 2222 gold badges177177 silver badges228228 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 50.7k 50.7k 1414 gold badges8787 silver badges201201 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10k 10k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.4k 1.4k 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 198 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 169 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 152 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 147 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 113 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 104 How to chmod without /usr/bin/chmod?
- 103 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- View more network posts →