Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 6 years, 9 months
144 profile views
Last seen 11 hours ago
- Unix & Linux 69.4k 69.4k 1919 gold badges167167 silver badges221221 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 48k 48k 1212 gold badges6969 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 9.7k 9.7k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 176 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 151 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 126 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 121 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 96 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 95 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 88 How can I find available network interfaces?
- View more network posts →