Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 7 years, 8 months
162 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Unix & Linux 74.5k 74.5k 2323 gold badges178178 silver badges231231 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 51.4k 51.4k 1414 gold badges8888 silver badges202202 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.1k 10.1k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.4k 1.4k 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 202 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 177 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 153 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 152 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 123 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 108 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 105 How to chmod without /usr/bin/chmod?
- View more network posts →