Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
- Unix & Linux 79.8k 79.8k 2525 gold badges185185 silver badges240240 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 54.1k 54.1k 1515 gold badges9696 silver badges211211 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.6k 10.6k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 240 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 206 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 179 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 156 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 149 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 127 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 118 GPT or MBR: How do I know?
- View more network posts →