Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 8 years, 5 months
172 profile views
Last seen May 26 at 15:12
- Unix & Linux 78.8k 78.8k 2424 gold badges183183 silver badges238238 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 53.5k 53.5k 1515 gold badges9494 silver badges211211 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.5k 10.5k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 233 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 201 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 175 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 155 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 143 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 124 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 116 GPT or MBR: How do I know?
- View more network posts →