Mistake Not My Current State of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans of Wrath.
- Iain M. Banks, "The Hydrogen Sonata"
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
- Malcolm X (attributed)
I'm a computer science student at Athabasca University, and have been studying programming and related topics for the last ten years. I don't have much public work to show for it, but the thing of which I'm most proud is Sloop (which works nicely on the Pi, BTW). My first code was in Commodore BASIC on a VIC-20, before I hit puberty and my interest went on hiatus. Now I'm more comfortable with C, C++, perl, and java, and to a lesser extent client side web stuff (js/css/html). On the Pi I use almost exclusively C++, but I'm getting enamoured with lua. I've been a GNU/Linux user since the late nineties. The Raspberry Pi was my first foray into the physical side of electronics, which has opened the door into other things (notably FPGAs and the Arduino ecosystem).
Member for 7 years, 11 months
167 profile views
Last seen 7 hours ago
- Unix & Linux 76.3k 76.3k 2323 gold badges181181 silver badges234234 bronze badges
- Raspberry Pi♦ 52.3k 52.3k 1414 gold badges9191 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 10.3k 10.3k 11 gold badge2828 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1.2k 1.2k 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 217 What color codes can I use in my PS1 prompt?
- 185 how can I add (subtract, etc.) two numbers with bash?
- 163 How to grep lines which does not begin with "#" or ";"?
- 154 Why isn't Linux embraced as the official GNU kernel?
- 131 Parallelize a Bash FOR Loop
- 120 How to specify key in SSHFS?
- 109 GPT or MBR: How do I know?
- View more network posts →