I was recently browsing the tags and I noticed something weird. The setup tag. Currently we can split up the tag into two separate categories.
- Questions about configuring operating systems, and
- Questions about configuring software.
Right now I feel that when referring to the second context this tag does not provide much taxonomic value. There is no fundamental difference when answering a question about configuring software rather than fixing an error.
That leaves a tag for operating system configuration. This does not really apply to a lot of questions currently tagged setup. From the a randomly selected example of three questions...
- Are there any non-Linux operating systems available?
- How do I install an OS image onto an SD card?
- How do I install new software?
None of them apply to configuring an operating system. In fact, the only ones I could find that were relevant are the following two.
Any question about the configuration of an operating system.
So for example, a question similar to the following would be on-topic.
How do I set the device's hostname?